Breathe Easier With the Help of an Air Purifier
Air purifiers can remove contaminants from an indoor environment and give you cleaner and fresher air to breathe. Whether for your home, office, or car, there are air purifiers that will suit your needs. Many are light and portable, making them convenient.
How do you select an air purifier on eBay?
When youre shopping for a new or used air purifier on eBay, there are many factors to consider. eBay helps make selections easier by grouping air purifiers into various categories. Some of these categories are:
- Technology: Options include an activated carbon air purifier, a HEPA air purifier, an ionizer, an ozone generator air purifier, and an ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) air purifier.
- Brand: If you prefer a particular brand, eBay has choices like Blueair, Dyson, GermGuardian, Holmes, Honeywell, Oreck, and Winix.
- Size: There are also many different sizes of air purifiers to choose from. They range from commercial-sized purifiers for large work spaces to personal air purifiers for an individual room in your home. They also can be manufactured as large units that can be attached to HVAC systems. You can even purchase small, light, HEPA filters that are designed for travel.
- Material: Choices include bamboo, metal, or plastic.
What kinds of air purifiers are available?
Although all air purifiers remove contaminants and pollutants from the air, there are several different ways an air purifier can do this. These purifying designs can include the following:
- Filter-based: This design works by capturing molecules in a filter when air is forced through the device. A true High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance (HEPA) filter can remove 99% of small pollutants. HEPA filters are the most common type of air purifier found in households. They dont generate any harmful byproducts and can be added to HVAC systems and filtration systems or purchased as stand-alone products.
- Thermodynamic sterilization: This design uses heated sterilization technology to incinerate up to 99% of microbiological particles that pass through the purifier.
- Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation: This design sterilizes air by forcing it to travel through ultraviolet lamps. The UV light kills harmful bacteria by damaging the cells DNA beyond repair.
- Ionization: Ionic purifiers create electrically charged ions that attach to harmful molecules. The particles are caught on a collection plate and filtered out. Ionic air purifiers can be mounted in homes or industrial settings and are also sometimes called electrostatic precipitators.
- Ozone generators: Ozone generators are intended for empty spaces and not filtration systems as it is not healthy to breathe the gas. They are typically used for commercial settings and use a gas to oxidize and filter other chemicals and allergens.
How does an air purifier work?
An air purifier is an instrument that is designed to filter out dust, pollen, mold spores, dust mites, pet dander, smoke particles, allergens, and bacterium from the air in a specific room or area. These kinds of pollutants are harmful to people, particularly those who suffer from allergies or asthma. Air purifiers can be used in many different types of environments and come in a variety of shapes and sizes. However, they all serve a similar purpose and that is to improve the air quality in your home or work space.
This , celebrate Americas birthday with a bang, and shop for patriotic party favors like mini American flags, air purifiers, barbeque supplies, and more deals.