Although summer is coming to a close, Labor Day is around the corner, which means you can save on TVs and other popular tech from brands like Amazon, Dell and Best Buy. Whether you’re looking to buy a new tablet, laptop, TV or even earbuds, there are plenty of major sales that might help you save hundreds of dollars. And while many of us continue to work from home, there are also notable deals on Wi-Fi routers, ergonomic chairs, ergonomic keyboards, ergonomic mice and more. Here are some of the best sales and deals we found in tech this Labor Day.
Labor Day sales sales 2020: Best TVs and other tech to shop
- Best Buy is giving you up to $800 off select Samsung QLED TVs.
- Belkin is offering up to 70 percent off charging pads and other tech.
- Bed Bath & Beyond is offering 20 percent off select Google Home, Amazon Echo devices and more.
- Big Lots is providing up to 50 percent off headphones, speakers, gaming accessories and other tech.
- Dell is giving you up to 10 percent off sitewide on PCs and Dell electronics with code SAVE10.
- Dyson is providing up to $100 off select Dyson tech, including the Dyson V8 Absolute.
- Home Depot is giving you up to $30 off select Lenovo smart clocks and smart home items.
- Lenovo is offering up to 65 percent off select items.
- Microsoft is offering up to $400 off PCs and up to $330 off select Surface Pro 7 bundles.
- Newegg is providing up to 50 percent off popular headphones, gaming desktops, monitors and more.
- Staples is offering up to 50 percent off laptops, printers and other back to school tech.
- Target is offering select laptops, monitors, tablets and other tech for under $200.
- Tineco is providing up to $70 off vacuum cleaners at select retailers including the Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Stick and the Tineco Pure ONE S12.
- three is giving you up to 35 percent off its tech on Amazon including the Tribit QuietPlus 72 with code LBDQPLUS and the Tribit FlyBuds NC with code LBDFLYNC.
- Walmart is offering low prices on tech, including up to 20 percent off select laptops, Wi-Fi routers and more.
Best tech deals to shop
1. Sony WF-1000XM3 Noise Canceling Bluetooth Earbuds
While there are many earbud options to choose from, these active earbuds from Sony use active noise canceling (ANC) to help block out the noise around you, so you can focus on powering through your workout. Their battery is designed to keep them powered for up to 24 hours and touch capabilities allow you to double tap an earbud and answer calls on the go, as well as enable Amazon Alexa to use voice controls. Adaptive sound control will automatically adjust your sound based on your activity and environment.
2. Powerbeats Pro Earphones
The Powerbeats Pro are a great option if you’re looking for earbuds that won’t slip while you work out. They’re sweat- and water-resistant, lightweight and feature adjustable around-the-ear hooks for a secure fit. You get up to 24 hours of listening with the charging case and, when you’re in a pinch, you can charge them for five minutes to get an extra hour-and-a-half of playback. They also feature the Apple H1 headphone chip, especially designed for seamless Bluetooth connectivity.
3. Samsung 85-inch Class Q90T QLED Smart TV
If you’re searching for an upgrade to your TV, consider this Samsung smart TV. It features a full array of LED backlighting for sharper clarity and contrast, as well as a quantum HDR for a wider range of brightness and colors. It also boasts an extra wide viewing angle designed to reduce glare and enhance color. The TV includes object tracking sound to follow the action on your screen, as well as a built-in Alexa smart assistant.
4. Philips 50-Inch 4K Android Smart TV
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a more affordable option, this 4K smart TV by Philips includes HDR 10 technology for increased detail and vibrant colors. It also offers increased brightness and contrast with the brand’s proprietary BrightPro technology. The built-in Chromecast allows you to stream from your iPhone, Android, laptop or other smart device. For convenience, it’s equipped with Google Assistant, allowing you to change the TV volume and other features, as well as your smart home’s lights, temperature and more without getting up from your seat.
5. HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Wireless Printer
If you need a new printer, this Amazon bestselling option from HP includes a copier, scanner and fax machine in one. It’s compact, features a clean design and is equipped with a touchscreen for convenience. You can also print from the cloud, order toner or scan from your smartphone when you download the HP Smart app. Plus, it includes an optional quiet mode and comes with a one-year limited hardware warranty, as well as two free months of ink delivered to your home if you enroll in HP Instant Ink during printer setup.
6. Dell Ultrasharp U2415 24-Inch LED Monitor
The Dell Ultrasharp U2415, often known as an all-around and affordable best, is the monitor technology writer Whitson Gordon would recommend to most people. It includes an IPS panel for vibrant colors and multiple viewing angles. It also features an adjustable stand to tilt or pivot as you work throughout the day and sports a thin 6.9-millimeter bezel that’s good for viewing between monitors. This model is also VERSA-compatible so you can attach it to the Dell Single Monitor Arm or mount it on a wall if you prefer.
7. Samsung Galaxy 10.1-Inch Tab A
The Samsung Galaxy Tablet is lightweight and sports Dolby Atmos tech for a hi-fi audio experience. At 10.1 inches, it features a wide display for enhanced viewing and includes a high-resolution screen for a clearer picture while you play video games or watch shows. Additionally, it comes with a microSD slot for you to use 512 GB of additional storage and when fully charged, it lasts up to 10 hours. Although the Black option offers a sleek design, it is also available in Gold and Silver.
8. Homedics UV-Clean Phone Sanitizer
This phone sanitizer by Homedics kills bacteria and germs that stick to your phone by using UV-C LED light. After coming home for the day, you can easily drop your smartphone, keys or Airpods into the device and it takes one minute per side to disinfect. If you’re on the go, you can take the sanitizer with you, as it collapses for easier stowing. When fully charged, this device should last up to 70 uses, according to Homedics.
8. Roborock E4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
If you are familiar with the older Roborock E2 or E3, you may want to check out the Roborock E4. It uses intelligent navigation for 10-percent faster movement and features an intense suction of an 11 percent increase from the E2. It also sports a large dustbin and has 200 minutes of runtime. For convenience, you can access voice commands to start and stop, set schedules and adjust suction strength through the Mi Home app or Amazon Alexa. Enter code ROBOROCKE45 at checkout for an additional $52 off, bringing it down to $218.69.
9. TP-Link Archer A7 Wireless Router
The TP-Link Archer A7 is a budget-focused option that features theoretical top speeds of up to 1,300Mbps for an individual device or 1,750Mbps across multiple devices. One tech writer previously noted that although most routers won’t reach their theoretical speeds due to real-world conditions, the megabits per second listed are a good indicator nevertheless. This device also comes with parental controls and works with Alexa.
10. Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen)
In our guide for selecting the best Amazon Echo for your needs, tech writer Whitson Gordon, recommended the Amazon Echo Dot. He said it is great if you want access to Alexa, but don’t need the larger speaker included in the standard Echo. It’s a more affordable model and is available in four colors: Charcoal, Heather Gray, Plum and Sandstone. If you want an upgrade, you can also get it with a built-in clock or purchase a kids edition with parental controls.
11. Amazon Fire TV Stick
The Amazon Fire TV Stick features up to 4K Ultra HD streaming and works with everything from Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video and more streaming services. It also includes access to Dolby Vision, HDR and HDR10+, meaning you can view high clarity images with vivid colors. The device is simple to use, features a clean and minimal design and includes an Alexa Voice Remote.
12. Dyson TP02 Pure Cool Link Tower
In our guide to the best air purifiers of 2020, medical experts explained that air purifiers will not protect you from coronavirus. However, air purifiers are especially beneficial for those who suffer from respiratory conditions, including asthma, allergies, or irritation from dust or allergens, according to Josh Davidson, MD, an allergy and immunology specialist in California. If you’re still interested in buying an air purifier then consider the Dyson TP02 Pure Cool Link Tower, an air purifier and cooling fan in one device. Dyson said it is equipped with a HEPA filter and is asthma and allergy friendly certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. Plus, it features a night-time mode with quiet settings and it can be easily controlled via the Dyson Link app or by Alexa.
More shopping guides and recommendations
Catch up on the latest from NBC News Shopping guides and recommendations and download the NBC News app for full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak