Levoit air purifiers come with some impressive features, including 3 stages of filtration, working in harmony to clean your air. While they are generally easy to operate, here is a simple how to and troubleshooting guide to get you around any issues you may be having with your unit so that you can get the best out of it.
How to set up a Levoit air purifier
If you have just bought a new Levoit air purifier, here is how to get started:
- Remove the filter cover. The pull the filter from the housing.
- Take the filter out of its plastic packaging, and then reinstall it into the housing. Make sure the pull tabs on the filter are facing out.
- Replace the filter cover by lining up the feet of the cover with the slots in the bottom of the housing.
- Then push the cover securely closed.
- Place the air purifier on a level surface and leave 15 inches/ 38 cm of clearance on all sides of the purifier.
- Now plug it in and tap the power button to turn it on. The fan will start automatically.
- Optionally, you can change the fan speed by tapping the fan speed button. You can also select Auto mode or Sleep mode, or set a timer.
- To turn your air purifier off, tap on the power button.
When on Auto mode, the fan speed adjusts automatically based on the air quality. To set auto mode;
- Tap the Auto mode button to turn Auto mode on/off.
- Tapping sleep mode button or fan speed button will also exit Sleep Auto mode.
Sleep mode uses the lowest possible fan speed to run quietly. To set your air purifier to Sleep mode:
- Tap sleep mode button to turn sleep mode on/off.
- Tapping fan speed button and auto mode button will also exit Sleep mode.
You can set a timer between 1-12 hours on your Levoit air purifier. Here is how to set a timer:
- Tap on timer button repeatedly or press and hold the timer button to set a time.
- The timer will flash 5 times and start counting down once you choose a time.
- The air purifier will power off automatically once the timer is finished.
- To cancel a timer, tap on the timer button repeatedly until the timer reads “—“. Then the timer will flash 5 times to confirm cancellation.
How to clean a Levoit air purifier
Follow these instructions to clean your Levoit air purifier:
- Using a soft, dry cloth, wipe the outside of the air purifier. Don’t use water or any liquid to clean to avoid the risk of electric shock.
- Clean the outside of the filter with a brush or vacuum hose at least once every month to prevent dust or hair build-up. Also don’t use water or other liquids when cleaning the filter.
- Don’t clean with abrasive chemicals or flammable cleaning agents.
Dust can accumulate and block the air quality sensor, causing it not to work properly. To clean the air quality sensor:
- First, unplug your air purifier.
- Open the sensor cover to access the sensor.
- Use a damp cotton swab to clean the sensor lens.
- Then dry the sensor lens with a dry cotton swab.
- Close the sensor cover after you’re done.
How long does Levoit air filter last
The filter can last for about 6 months. It is recommended you replace the filters after 6-8 months. The replacement may be necessary earlier or later depending on how often you use your air purifier, and also on the level of pollution in the environment, the air purifier is used.
How to replace the filter on a Levoit air purifier
To replace the filter;
- Start by unplugging your air purifier. Then remove the filter cover.
- Remove the old filter you want to replace.
- Clean any dust or dirt from inside the housing.
- Then unwrap the new filter and place it into the housing. Make sure the pull tabs are facing out,
- Replace the filter cover onto the housing.
- Plug in and turn on the air purifier. Press and hold the filter indicator button for 3 seconds to reset it.
How long should a Levoit air purifier run?
If you are always at home, you should run your purifier 24 hours a day to prevent the clean air from getting contaminated again. For the best results, or to address a specific air quality issue such as smoke, run your Levoit air purifier at maximum speed for about 15-20 minutes before using a lower speed or Auto Mode. This helps save on energy costs.
How to reset Levoit air purifier light
The air filter must be reset if the filter reset lights up. To reset the air filter lifetime:
- Plug in the air purifier and turn it on.
- While the air purifier is on standby, press and hold the filter reset button for 3 seconds.
- The filter reset button light will turn off indicating that the reset is complete.
Can you leave a Levoit air purifier on all the time?
You can leave your air purifier on all the time if you want your air to remain clean. Turn the fan speed to low setting if you are worried about energy usage.
Levoit air purifier red light fix
If the filter reset light is still on after replacing the air filter this could mean the air filter’s lifetime has been incorrectly reset. To fix this problem;
- Press and hold the filter reset button for 3 seconds until the button lights up.
- Press and hold the filter reset button again until the light turns off.
Check this too: TCL Roku TV Troubleshooting Guide
How to reset a Levoit air purifier
When using the air purifier in a heavily polluted environment, the air filter’s lifetime may be significantly reduced and the filter may stop filtering air properly. You can change the filters even if the filter reset button doesn’t light up. Here are the steps to force reset the filter:
- Replace the air filters.
- While the air purifier is on standby, press and hold the filter reset button for 3 seconds. The filter reset button will light up.
- Press and hold the filter reset button again for 3 seconds, the filter reset button will now turn off. The reset is now complete.
If you need additional assistance, contact Levoit support. They are very helpful and will promptly respond to any queries you may have.