If you are looking for the best large room air purifiers then you’ve come to the right place. Oftentimes, air purifiers can be a solution when it comes down to terrible pollution problems. After all, air cannot always be clean and pure all the time – especially in a highly urbanized city.
Air purifiers come in all shapes and sizes, and not all of them will work for a large room depending on their specs. An air purifier with the right filter, power, and all other specifications could prove to be ideal for use in a large room.
When choosing the best large room air purifier, you should consider one that is not just attractive but is also easy to use, has a smart sensor, has a quality filter, and is easy to change the filter with (or clean it up). In this way, you can have less hassle in maintaining it for everyday use.
Will a small air purifier work in a large room?
Yes and no – it depends on the specs of your air purifier and how many air purifiers you have in a room. If you have a large room and have many small air purifiers that have been strategically placed, you can actually achieve the same effects of a large air purifier.
Keep in mind that the rating that you should look for is the room rating and the CFM so that you’ll know whether it’s ideal for large rooms or not. Typically, anything that can handle up to 800 square feet can be useful for any large room.
Do you need an air purifier in every room?
Not exactly – it depends on your budget and your pollution levels. You’ll only need an air purifier in places or rooms that are terribly plagued with dust, dirt, and debris (or bad odors, for that matter). If you find that other rooms also need cleaning, you can just transfer the air purifier from room to room.
It would also be helpful if you have an air purifier that is made with casters or wheels so it can be easier to move it from one room to another.
Here are the rooms that need air purifiers the most:
- Kitchens – they usually reek of food odor so it’s no surprise that you’ll find most air purifiers placed in the kitchen. This is also the case for most restaurants and fast-food chains.
- Bedrooms – to help you sleep better, most air purifiers can be used to get rid of dust and allergens, as well as bad sock smells, from your room, leaving fresh air and scent – without the jarring noise levels.
- Living rooms – since this is where most guests lounge, it makes sense to have an air purifier for living rooms, especially if your pets stay there more often, too.
Which is the best HEPA air purifier?
We have two suggestions for you when it comes down to true HEPA filters:
- Medify MA-40 Medical Grade Filtration H13 True HEPA – this air purifier uses a true HEPA filter and can cover up to 800 square feet, which makes it ideal for large rooms. It has a particle sensor so you can sit back and let the machine do its job on adjusting according to the level of pollution in your indoor space.
What’s more, this air purifier uses H13 HEPA so it’s of medical grade. There are 4 fan speeds to choose from and you can set the timer for up to 8 hours. You can also use the ionizer function (non-ozone) or turn it off. In case you have naughty little kids, there’s a child lock feature, too!
- COLZER Air Purifier with True HEPA Air Filter – being able to clean up to 800 square feet as well, This one has simple touch controls, which include a filter reset, timer, power button, air quality indicator, fan speed, a sleep mode, and a child look feature for safety. The fan speeds are adjustable up to 3 settings and it even has a quiet noise level of only 28 dB for those who like quieter air purifiers for sleeping.
Meeting the certifications and standards of the FCC, ETL, and CARB, this air purifier can be set for up to 8 hours on its timer. It is also ozone-free so it is eco-friendly.
What is the best air purifier for large rooms?
If your room is quite large, let’s say a studio-type room or a master’s bedroom, here are some picks for you:
- Inofia Air Purifier with True HEPA Air Filter – this one can filter up to 800 square feet, making it ideal for large rooms. It combines true HEPA filter and activated carbon composite filter so it can not only eliminate air pollutants but could also target VOCs and other bad smells. It has an advanced sensor that checks out the air pollution levels and adjusts accordingly.
You can also adjust between manual and automatic air quality detection to match your needs. Being CARB, ETL, and FCC certified, this air purifier also has a replacement filter indicator so you don’t have to do guesswork in maintaining it.
- Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 Air Purifier for Bedrooms – if you prefer an aesthetic air purifier in terms of design, this one might work for you. Coming in various colors to choose from, this one even has different filter types designed for various cases, such as for allergies/dust, mold/bacteria, pet dander/odor, and smoke/chemical odors.
Able to clean up to 900 square feet, this one can be ideal for very large rooms. Due to the various color choices and sleek design, it can also be one of the best air purifiers for office.
It also has a smart sensor for automatic adjustment depending on how severe the indoor pollution is. The sensor turns from blue to red when the air isn’t very healthy so it adjusts the fan speed on its own. This can be helpful when you’re sleeping or doing other activities.
To wrap it up, air purifiers are indeed helpful, however, choosing the right one that’s meant for your room size can make them more effective. If you pick an air purifier that is designed to tackle a large room then it won’t easily get broken on its motor due to overworking. We hope you liked our suggestions!