|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer’s Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
After some extensive research on how to address daily air quality issues such as allergens and odors, specifically those of pet owners, the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier was developed. This stylish and sophisticated Korean made air purifier uses a variety of filtration technologies to capture pet hair, pet dander, dust and other large and tiny airborne particles as well as reducing and neutralizing common indoor odor issues.
- Great filtration of allergens and other airborne particles. During our filtration test the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier removed an average of 96.8% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns on the first pass of air through the filter. These test results were in line with reviewers claims of improved air quality in their homes. After running the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier in their home for a few days, reviewers reported improvements with their allergy symptoms and noticed less dust in the air.
- Dust, odor and light sensors provide hassle-free automatic operation. When operating on auto-mode the air purifier will speed up and slow down based on particles and odors it detects in the air. The odor and dust sensor are separate All reviewers loved the piece of mind that their air purifier was monitoring their air quality for them and were surprised by how sensitive it was to the slightest change in air quality such as the oven being turned on or an air freshener being sprayed.
- Quiet on low and medium fan speeds, tolerable on high and turbo. When air quality is good the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier runs on low fan speed and is very quiet. When the air quality goes bad you will know because the air purifier will adjust to high fan speed which is quite a bit louder. Luckily, most of the time the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier rectifies the air quality issue quickly and will adjust back down to the quiet low fan speed. Some reviewers pointed out the PlasmWave technology makes a quiet, but high pitch sound. Most reviewers said they ended up getting use to the sound but there were a few who had to turn the Winix PlasmaWave function off to stop the sound. Others did not find the plasmawave sound to be an issue.
- Easy to maintain filters. The Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier has one filter cassette that contains all of the filters. This filter cassette only needs to be replaced as indicated by the filter change indicator and should last for approximately 1 year of constant operation under normal conditions. Reviewers said it was easy to remove the front grill and they could change the filter in a matter of seconds. The manufacturer also recommends washing the pre-filter and carbon filter every three months and it is up to you to remember to do so.
- Great value for the price. Our review team agreed the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier was a very good deal for the average person with general air quality concerns. It is affordably priced, covers a good size room, removes airborne particles, addresses common household odor issues, offers ‘set it and leave it’ convenience, is quiet and requires minimal attention to maintain.
- Not for serious chemical, gas or VOC removal. The Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier only has a minimal amount of granular carbon media. This minimal amount of carbon paired with the PlasmaWave technology will address common household odor issues such as those caused by cooking, cleaning or a family pet. However, in order to seriously address an air quality issue cause by a significant amount of chemicals, gases or strong odors you need a filter that has a large amount of carbon (18 to 26 lbs) with a deep bed (2 to 3 inches thick) which provides a longer dwell time for better adsorption of gases, chemicals, or odors.
- Minimal warranty period: Winix only offers a 1 year limited warranty on the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier. This is shorter than the average manufacturer’s warranty on a product of this quality which we would expect to be at least 3 years. Despite its 1 year limited warranty we feel you can be confident this air purifier will last much longer.
The Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier is for someone who wants a good all-around air cleaner for removing allergens and common household odors that they can plug in, turn on, and not worry about replacement filters for about year. It is stylish, quiet and would be an optimal choice for a family room, bedroom or kitchen approximately 284 sq. ft. (15 ft. x 19 ft.)